This time around the Latvian show producers of Supernova decided to add something new to their national selection and it starts in the very first selection round already! From today on, the songs that broadcaster LTV has received will be put on the website for the internet audience to evaluate by pushing either ”like” or ”dislike”.
This will be possible until the 29th of October, 23:59 local time, after which a jury will go and evaluate the songs and take the opinion of the audience into consideration when selecting songs to qualify to the semi-final stage. The next stage will then begin on the 5th of November, when the selected artists will meet the jury. This jury will consist of both music professionals from Latvia and abroad.
Some fun facts about the songs that were sent in:
- Initially LTV received 93 songs but after looking into wether they lived up to the rules, 63 advanced to the evaluation stage.
- If the jury were to listen to all the songs in one go, they’d need a little over 3 hours.
- The majority of the songs is in English, five in Latvian, one is a mix of Latvian and English, one song in Livonian and even a song in Spanish!
- Six authors have sent in two songs and eight authors have been in Supernova before.
- The words that are most common in the song titles are: You (7 times), Love (twice) and War (twice).
To take part in the evaluation, go to this page and click one of the social media buttons below the text to connect your social media account with the Supernova website and after that the evaluation can begin!