The traditional Albanian “Festivali i Kenges” will once again be the place where Albania will select their Eurovision entry. Their national broadcaster RTSH has announced the names and the song titles of the 22 entries which will compete for flying the Albanian flag in Lisbon next May.
RTSH will organize “Festivali i Kenges” over three nights in December – two semi finals will take place on the 21st and the 22nd of December, while the Grand Final will take place on the 23rd of December. A total of 22 acts will compete in this year’s show, and they will be split into two semi finals with 11 acts in each.
The participants of this year’s “Festivali i Kenges” are as follows:
- Akullthyesit – Divorci
- Artemisa Mithi – E dua Botën
- Bojken Lako – Sytë e Shpirtit
- David & Genc Tuqici – Tjetër Jëtë
- Denisa Gjezo – Zemër Ku Je
- Elton Deda – Fjalët
- Endri & Stefi Prifti – Mesazh
- Ergi Bregu – Bum Bum
- Eugent Bushpepa – Mall
- Evans Rama – Gjurmët
- Inet Neziri – Piedastal
- Lorela Sejdini – Pritën Edhe Pak
- Lynx – Vonë
- Manjola Nallbani – Të Pandarë
- Mariza Ikonomi – Unë
- Na & Festina Mejzini – I Njejti Ciell
- Orgesa Zaimi – Ngrije Zërin
- Redon Makashi – Eksistoj
- Rezarta Smaja & Luiz Ejlli – Ra Nje Yll
- Tahir Gjoci – Orë e Ndaluar
- Voltan Pordani – Pse të Desha
- Xhesika Polo – Përjetë
The list of participants includes Luiz Ejlli who represented Albania back in 2006 with “Zjarr e ftohtë”. There are also various other artists who had previously participated in “Festivali i Kenges”, such as Orgesa Zaimi, Rezarta Smaja, Voltan Prodani, Xhesika Polo, Elton Deda, Evans Rama, Endri & Stefi Prifti, Bojken Lako, Genc Tuqici, and last but not least, Mariza Ikonomi.
Last year’s “Festivali i Kenges” was won by Lindita and her song “Botë”, which was later translated into English for this year’s Eurovision, and was then titled “World”. Unfortunately, she failed to qualify for the Grand Final in Kiev.