17 acts to compete in Beovizija 2018!
After eight years, Serbia’s RTS is bringing back Beovizija – the festival where the Serbian entrant for Eurovision is being chosen. Out of 75 songs which were submitted for this year’s edition, a special jury has selected 17, which are going to be competing in the televised final in the second half of February.
The 17 acts are:
- Ivan Kurtic – Ni Sunca ni Meseca
- Rambo Amadeus & Beti Djordjevic – Nema te
- Boris Rezak – Vila
- Danijel Pavlovic – Ruza sudbine
- Sanja Ilic & Balkanika – Nasa deca
- Srdjan Marijanovic – Bar da znam
- Osmi vazduh i drugari – Probudi se
- Dusan Svilar – Pod krosnjom bagrenja
- Saska Jankovic – Pesma za tebe
- Biber & DJ Niko Bravo – Jutros (Svatovi)
- Koktel Balkan – Zato
- BASS – Umoran
- Lana & Aldo – Jaca sam od svih
- Sevdah bejbi – Hajde da igramo sada
- Maja Nikolic – Zemlja cuda
- Lord – Samo nek se okrece
- Igor Lazarevic – Bezi od mene
As we all know, Rambo Amadeus represented Montenegro back in 2012 with “Euro Neuro”, and he is going to be competing to represent Serbia in a duet with Beti Djordjevic, one of the pop music icons of the 70s in Yugoslavia. In the participant list we also see various other artists who tried to represent Serbia (and Montenegro) in the past. Boris Rezak was a finalist of Evropesma/Evropjesma in 2004, Danijel Pavlovic was a finalist of Beovizija 2009 (he is also the half-brother of Marija Serifovic), while Dusan Svilar was the runner-up of Serbia’s national final in 2013.
Saska Jankovic was a backing vocalist for Milan Stankovic in 2010, for Nina in 2011, as well as for Bojana Stamenov in 2015, but also took part in Serbia’s national selections in 2009 and 2013. Sevdah bejbi were in Beovizija in 2009 (together with Miki Element).
Maja Nikolic is a true veteran of Serbia’s Eurovision selections, as she took part in 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2013, and her song was written by Vladimir Graic (who in between others, wrote “Molitva” and “Beauty Never Lies”).
Beovizija 2018 is going to be held in the second half of February, but the exact date is yet to be announced. The winner will be chosen by televoting only.