UA:PBC, Eurovision broadcaster and the national Public Broadcasting Company of Ukraine, have announced the acts that will take place in this year’s national selection ‘Vidbir’ on its Twitter account.
The acts competing are as follows:
Some familiar names amongst the list include:
- TAYANNA – 2nd in 2017 (on a tiebreaker) with ‘I Love You’ and 2nd in 2018 with ‘Leyla’
- Brunettes Shoot Blondes – 6th in 2016 with ‘Every Monday’
- LAUD – 4th in 2018 with ‘Waiting’
The returning acts though will have strong competition from the debutant group KAZKA, who took part in the 8th season of the Ukrainian X Factor and have quickly become one of the most streamed artists in the country:
The acts will be split into two semi finals of 8 as follows:
- Semi Final 1: 9th February
- Semi Final 2: 16th February
- Final: 23rd February
The artists will be competing to follow Melovin, the 2018 winner of ‘Vidbir‘ who went on the make the Grand Final of Eurovision, finishing 17th with ‘Under The Ladder’. Relive his ‘Vidbir‘ performance here:
Which of the competing acts are you most excited to see? Let us know on our social media channels!