After Luca Hänni’s success last year, Swiss broadcaster has decided to stick to its internal selection process for 2020, and the work has already begun.
Just like last year, 2 juries are involved for the selection of the Swiss entry: a spectators panel and an international expert jury.
When it comes to the panel, fans could apply on-line and 100 of them have been chosen by SRG-SSR in order to be part of the process. Their mission now is to listen to the 515 bidding entries and simulate the televoting results in the most accurate way possible.
As far as the international jury is concerned, 21 experts were named. Most of them have a connection with the contest, as former jurors, participants or songwriters. Their aim is to find the perfect combination between an artist and a song through various processes.
The international experts are:
- Argyro Christodoulides (CYPRUS): successful pianist, composer and singer
- Maria Marcus (SWEDEN): award-winning songwriter and producer
- Florent Luyckx (the NETHERLANDS): entertainment and radio personality, marketing director of the Zomba Record label.
- Pete Watson (UK): music director and keyboardist (currently working with Kylie Minogue on her shows)
- Jennifer O’Brien (IRELAND): award-winning music journalist, former member of the Irish jury
- Leonid Shyrin (BELARUS): TV and cinema soundtrack composer
- Sasha Saedi (IRAN / AUSTRIA): musician and producer
- Alexey Gross (BELARUS): award-winning pop singer, former participant to the Belarussian national selection show
- Adrienn Zsédenyi (HUNGARY): actress, author, producer, mentor and popular pop-diva, former member of the Hungarian jury
- Anders Øhrstrøm (DENMARK): singer, as well as composer and producer for Danish television
- Deivydas Zvonkus (LITHUANIA): orchestra arranger, Lithuanian television music supervisor, composer and producer
- Tinkara Kovač (SLOVENIA): music teacher, singer, lyricist and flutist, ESC 2014 Slovene entrant
- Grzegorz Urban (POLAND): pianist and musical director
- Ovidiu Jacobsen (NORWAY / ROMANIA): artist, songwriter, musican and producer, ESC 2010 & 2014 Romanian entrant. and former member of the Romanian jury
- Helga Möller (ICELAND): singer, ESC 1986 Icelandic entrant (as a member of ICY)
- Gore Melian (ARMENIA): singer, songwriter and producer
- Rafailas Karpis (LITHUANIA): award-winnig opera singer, former member of the international jury for the German national final
- Ruth Lorenzo Pascual (SPAIN): singer and songwriter, ESC 2014 Spanish entrant
- Gordon Groothedde (the NETHERLANDS): commercially successful producer and composer
- Einar Bardarson (ICELAND): radio host, songwriter and manager, former jury member in several icelandic TV talent shows
- Henrik Johnsson (SWEDEN): TV presenter and producer, former member of the Swedish jury and of the international jury for the German national final
The final decision should be reached by early March.