The jury consisting of Andrej Babić, Hrvoje Prskalo, Matija Cvek, Monika Lelas and Uršula Tolj determined that they received 140 songs for the upcoming Dora 2021, Croatian Eurovision preselection.
Then a five-member expert jury led by the editor of Dora 2021, Uršula Tolj, in the period from 12 to 14 December listened to all the songs unanimously selected 14 songs (and 4 extra ones, in case any of selected ones will withdraw from the contest) that will compete on February 13, 2021 in Opatija at the Dora 2021, which winner will became the Croatian representative at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 to be held in May in Rotterdam.
The selected songs are:
- Filip Rudan – BLIND (F. Rudan / A. Franić / H. Domazet – F. Rudan / A. Franić)
- Bernarda – COLORS (B. Georgiev Milanov / B. Brunović)
- Ella Orešković – COME THIS WAY (S. Reljić Simba – E. Orešković)
- Sandi Cenov – KRIV (S. Reljić Simba – Fayo)
- Beta Sudar – MA ZAMISLI (P. Martinjak)
- Brigita Vuco – NOĆI PIJANE (B. Vuco)
- ToMa – OCEAN OF LOVE (A. Pupavac / A. Bjorkman / K. Persson / T. Marić – A. Pupavac)
- Eric – RECI MI (E. Vidović)
- Nina Kraljić – RIJEKA (H. Librenjak – Miki Solus / N. Kraljić)
- Ashley Colburn & Bojan Jambrošić – SHARE THE LOVE (I. Škunca – A. Colburn / I. Škunca)
- Mia Negovetić – SHE’S LIKE A DREAM (M. Negovetić / L. Deb / D. Jamm / D. Kertes)
- Albina – TICK-TOCK (B. Mihaljević – M. Cinnamon / T. Buklijaš Bakić)
- Cambi – ZALJUBLJEN (M. Mirković)
- Tony Cetinski & Kiki Rahimovski – ZAPJEVAJ, SLOBODA JE! (K. Rahimovski)
Four extra songs were selected, in case of any possible withdrawals, as well:
- Elis Lovrić – BRODOLOM (E. Lovrić)
- Endi feat. Lora – MEGALOMAN (A. Čubrić / J. Houdek – A. Čubrić)
- Pjerino Ružević – SOLDIER (P. Ružević / A. Bjorkman / A. Pupavac / J. Alin – P. Ružević / A. O’Connor)
- Z/11 – ONLY LOVE (B. Čakić / I. Ivić / R. Babić – B. Čakić / N. Špralja)
Among all the artists, we can recognize some familiar faces, who has been performing at the Dora in the past, as well as two former Eurovision representatives of Croatia – 1994 entrant Tony Cetinski, who has been representing Croatia with the song Nek’ti Bude Ljubav Sva, as well as 2016 entrant Nina Kraljić, who has been a big returneé at the Eurovision stage with Lighthouse for Croatia, after three years of absence from the contest.