After Finland and Serbia, we’ve got the news from Norway about their participation at Eurovision 2022. NRK has opened a submission window for the songs and artists who would like to take part at their national selection, Melodi Grand Prix 2022. All artists who follow the rules below are able to apply for a chance to take part at the MGP 2022 the application is available at the link HERE.
- It is encouraged that registered entries have at least one Norwegian songwriter, as MGP wants to prioritize and promote Norwegian music life.
- Each producer / songwriter can sign up with maximum three songs.
- Everyone can submit their songs, but the performing artist/s have to be at least 16 years old in order to be able to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest.
- Submitted songs can be longer than 3 minutes but in that case the authors should be aware that in order for the song to be performed at Eurovision stage it will end up being cut up to 3 minutes and all the songs shouldn’t be commercially released before 1st of September
- Deadline for submission is 15th of August
The invitation is open to anyone who writes songs. This is a unique chance to try and grab a place in the world’s biggest music competition. We are open to all kinds of music within a broad understanding of the pop genre. It can be anything from sophisticated beautiful pop songs, to hard rock, bubblegum pop, and everything in between.
Stig Karlsen, Norwegian Head of Delegation
Norwegian representative at Eurovision Song Contest, TIX performed the song “Fallen Angel” and ended on 18th place with 75 points in the final of the show you can check his performance below.
The viewing rates of the Eurovision Song Contest in Norway have exceeded the expectations as this years edition of the contest has recorded the highest TV-ratings in 10 years. Total of 2,2 million viewers watched the final and an average number of viewers was 1,5 million with a share of 86 % as Head of Delegation, Stig Karlsen has revealed.
Melodi Grand Prix 2022 is expected to be organised in January and February 2022 and the show will feature Semi-Finals and a Grand Final. Are you excited for the Melodi Grand Prix 2022? Which artists would you like to see compete let us know in the comments below and at our social media links!