As we informed you Kazakhstan held a special conference about their participation at Junior Eurovision 2021 and they revealed the details of the national final which will be held on 6th of November.
Speakers at the press conference were:
- Yerlan BekhhozhIn – Chairman of the Board of Khabar Agency
- Aida Tleukhan – General Producer of Adam Media
- Khamit Shangaliev – Music producer, composer of Kazakh JESC entries in 2019 and 2020
- Yerzhan Maxim – Representative at JESC 2019
- Karakat Bashanova – Representative at JESC 2020
It has been revealed that the submission period has started from today and it lasts till 6th October which is the first out of four phases of the Kazakh selection. The submission is available on the LINK HERE.
2nd phase includes musical experts who will be evaluating the songs starting from the 7th of October, from 8th of October 3rd phase begins and it will last until the 12th of October. Online voting on the official website, similar to the one which has been held last year. The final 4th phase is the grand final scheduled for 6th of November.
Some of the requirements for the singer and song are:
- Kazakh citizenship, aged 9-14 as of December 2021;
- No more than 6 performers are allowed on stage;
- Song should last between 2 minutes and 30 seconds and can’t be longer than 3 minutes.
- The lyrics should be written and performed mainly in Kazakh language with no more than 40% of another language.
So far Kazakhstan competed three times at Junior Eurovision Song contest and two times their entries were selected through national finals in “Ozine Sen” by Daneliya Tuleshova in 2018 and “Forever” by Karakat Bashanova in 2020. While they went for internal selection for 2019 and decided on “Armanyńnan Qalma” by Yerzhan Maxim. At their debut they ended the contest on 6th place while in the last two years they were the runner up. Last year Karakat Bashanova ended the contest with 152 points being second at the jury vote and third with the televote. You can watch her performance below
Total of 19 countries will take part at Junior Eurovision 2021
- North Macedonia
What are your expectations of Kazakhstan at Junior Eurovision 2021? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and at our social media links!