The Serbian national selection “Pesma za Evroviziju ’22” kicks off tonight. A total of 36 songs have been selected to compete in this year’s selection, where after two semi finals and a Grand Final, we will know who will represent Serbia in Eurovision 2022 in Turin.
Ahead of tonight’s first semi final, we spoke to Konstrakta, got to know her better, and find out more about her entry “In Corpore Sano”. Find out everything she told us in this interview below:
Hello Konstrakta, first of all I would like to congratulate you for being selected to take part at Pesma za Evroviziju ’22. How does that feel and what made you decide to take part at the contest?
We are starting to have fun now, when everythis is set and ready. All of us in the Gruvlend studio are fans of this festival. When they started the call for songs, we realized that we have a song that fits all the rules, and that’s why we decided to send it in.
This won’t be your first time taking part at Serbian selection for Eurovision Song Contest as previously you competed as part of Zemlja Gruva back in 2008 with the song “Čudesni Svetovi” and you ended on 8th place in the final. How was that experience, do you have any memories or anecdote from it which you could share with our readers?
Zemlja Gruva competed both in 2008 and 2009. The thing I remember most are the preparations, singing in a hair salon whilst using a brush as the microphone and coming up with the choreography, as well as hanging out with the entire team that helped us make our performance be remembered. Our first participation helped us reach a wider audience. However, both of our participations I connect to pregnancies as well.
You performed together with Zoe Kida as part of Zemlja Gruva and now the two of you will be competing against each other. Do you see yourselves as friends or rivals and have you given each other any advice before the show?
Neither myself, and I don’t think Zoe Kida either feel that this is going to be competition, but as a presentation of our songs. We are not rivals and we never will be, instead of that I am really happy that we are in this selection together, and each of us with a self-penned song.
Your first song released as solo artist was “Neam Šamana” and your entry for Pesma za Evroviziju 22 is also in the similar style, do you plan to release more music in the same style in the future? What can audience expect from your future songs?
Yes, this is the style I’ve been working on for the past couple of years. I started with the song “Žvake“. I have also just released „Triptih“ – a video clip with three songs, amongst which is also „In Corpore Sano“. All of these songs have a similar musical expression, and a similar development when it comes to the lyrics. I will also do a live performance with all 6 songs which are going to be on my EP, which I am yet to come up with a title for.
You will be singing “In Corpore Sano” a song which has a strong message can you tell us how the song came to life and what is the story behind it?
“In Corpore Sano” is a song with many layers, and many subjects. I am not saying anything to anyone in particular directly, but I am thinking about health, and my personal experience of social circumstances on the topic of health.
Do you plan to make the English version of your song in order to convey the message of it to the wider audience or there will only be the Serbian version of it?
It would be interesting, however I believe that it would be difficult to translate into English the rhythmic of the Serbian language. However, if necessary, we will definitely do that.
What can we expect from your performance at Pesma za Evroviziju ’22, can you give us a hint?
The performance is going to be brought down, simple and static. I am telling a story, and that’s about it.
Do you watch Eurovision regularly, if so would you like to share a memory which you have of it or a favourite song from the contest?
Basically I always watch the contest, or at least the important performances, even if at a later stage. I can’t choose just one single song that quickly. When you speak about Eurovision, I remember lots of songs from Yugoslavia, I also think of Azucar Moreno, “White And Black Blues” from 1990, but then also Lena with “Satellite” was also very nice, Mahmood was excellent. The Icelandic band from last year were super entertaining… I could do this until tomorrow…
What are your plans after Pesma za Evroviziju ’22?
I will be promoting the songs which I am going to publish shortly. And after that something new, I have no idea what just yet, but I’ll think of something!
Thank you so much for your time Konstrakta. We wish you the best of luck at Pesma za Evroviziju ’22!
Give a listen to Konstrakta’s “In Corpore Sano” right here:
If Konstrakta is one of your favorites in the Serbian national final, make sure to vote for her and for your other favorites in our poll right here:
- Zorja - Zorja 16%, 266 votes266 votes 16%266 votes - 16% of all votes
- Konstrakta - Corpore sano 13%, 222 votes222 votes 13%222 votes - 13% of all votes
- Sara Jo - Muškarčina 13%, 209 votes209 votes 13%209 votes - 13% of all votes
- Aca Lukas - Oskar 10%, 166 votes166 votes 10%166 votes - 10% of all votes
- Angellina - Origami 8%, 130 votes130 votes 8%130 votes - 8% of all votes
- Gramophonedzie - Počinjem da ludim 7%, 114 votes114 votes 7%114 votes - 7% of all votes
- Ana Stanić - Ljubav bez dodira 6%, 102 votes102 votes 6%102 votes - 6% of all votes
- Zoe Kida - Bejbi 5%, 85 votes85 votes 5%85 votes - 5% of all votes
- Tijana Dapčević - Ljubi, ljubi doveka 5%, 84 votes84 votes 5%84 votes - 5% of all votes
- Naiva - Skidam 5%, 77 votes77 votes 5%77 votes - 5% of all votes
- Marija Mikić - Ljubav me inspiriše 4%, 60 votes60 votes 4%60 votes - 4% of all votes
- Gift - Haos 2%, 33 votes33 votes 2%33 votes - 2% of all votes
- Chegi and Braća Bluz Bend - Devojko sa plamenom u očima 2%, 31 vote31 vote 2%31 vote - 2% of all votes
- Lift - Drama 2%, 29 votes29 votes 2%29 votes - 2% of all votes
- Ivona Pantelić - Znam 1%, 14 votes14 votes 1%14 votes - 1% of all votes
- Orkestar Aleksandra Sofronijevića - Anđele moj 1%, 11 votes11 votes 1%11 votes - 1% of all votes
- Zejna Murkić - Nema te 1%, 11 votes11 votes 1%11 votes - 1% of all votes
- Biber - Dve godine i šes' dana 0%, 6 votes6 votes6 votes - 0% of all votes