Only one song remains in Icelandic in the Final of Söngvakeppnin 2023!
After the two semi finals held over the last two weeks, the Icelandic Söngvakeppnin reaches its Grand Final this coming Saturday. A total of five acts have qualified for this Final – the two most voted songs in each semi, and a wildcard awarded by a jury, and these five acts will compete to win over the hearts of the jury and the Icelandic public, and be selected to represent their country in Eurovision 2023 in Liverpool.
As per the rules of the competition, all songs in the semi finals must be performed in Icelandic, whilst if the acts qualify for the Final, they can choose the language they want to perform their songs in – and it will be the language they will sing in at Eurovision as well, should they win, of course. Four of the five acts have chosen to sing their songs in English this Saturday, whilst only one decided to keep it in Icelandic – and that one act is Langi Seli & Skuggarnir.
The full line-up of the Final is as follows:
- Sigga Ózk – Dancing Lonely
- Bragi – Sometimes The World’s Against You
- Celebs – Doomsday Dancing
- Diljá – Power
- Langi Seli & Skuggarnir – OK
Let us know which of these five is YOUR personal favorite, by voting for them in our poll right here:
- Dilja - Power 39%, 180 votes180 votes 39%180 votes - 39% of all votes
- Bragi - Sometimes The World's Against You 22%, 103 votes103 votes 22%103 votes - 22% of all votes
- Sigga Ozk - Dancing Lonely 21%, 95 votes95 votes 21%95 votes - 21% of all votes
- Langi Seli og Skuggarnir - OK 11%, 52 votes52 votes 11%52 votes - 11% of all votes
- Celebs - Doomsday Dancing 7%, 33 votes33 votes 7%33 votes - 7% of all votes