As we announced Georgian Public Broadcaster 1TV is going to use “Ranina” as their pre-selection show for Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The third season of the show is set to take place on 4th of September.
Like previous two editions it will feature contestants performing duets with Georgian pop stars and new versions of popular songs. The list of ten competitors for the chance to represent Georgia at JESC 2020 are:
- Cecil Thurmanidze (სესილი თურმანიძე) – 10
- Veronica Shamugia (ვერონიკა შამუგია) – 12
- Sandra Gadelia (სანდრა გადელია) – 9
- Rati Gelovan (რატი გელოვანი) – 10
- Gio Gogiashvili (გიო გოგიაშვილი) – 8
- Marita Khvedelidze (მარიტა ხვედელიძე) – 11
- Nikoloz Maghradze (ნიკოლოზ მაღრაძე) – 10
- Shio Kavsadze (შიო კავსაძე) – 10
- Nia Khinchikashvili (ნია ხინჩიკაშვილი) – 12
- Lela Kveniashvili (ლელა კვენიაშვილი) – 11
So far Georgia has won JESC 3 times (2008, 2011 and 2016). Last years representative was Giorgi Rostiashvili with the song “We Need Love” he received 69 points and ended on 14th place.
The countries which have so far confirmed their participation are: Belarus, Kazakhstan, Poland, Portugal, France, Georgia, Malta, The Netherlands, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Ukraine and Germany who will be making their debut. While Australia, Wales, Ireland and North Macedonia announced their withdrawals from the show.